Mountain and Desert Tour of San Diego County
Only tour of its kind out of San Diego, a unique combination of dramatic scenery and fascinating history. Stand on top of Font’s Point, nicknamed California’s Grand Canyon. Marvel at 40-foot high walls shoulder length apart as you squeeze through Slot Canyon. Enjoy the incredible 2400-foot descent from the historic gold mining town of Julian down to the largest desert state park in the nation. The tour covers 180 miles and takes approximately 8 hours. Relax as you enjoy all the sights and leave the hassles of driving in traffic to us! Ideal for those who want a fun, scenic and stress-free adventure in a small personalized group. Price $249 per adult ON SALE for $179. Gratuity not included. Please give Morty a call at 858-395-3516 to discuss your tour interests.
- Poway grade east into the mountains
- Old western town of Ramona
- Explore Julian and sample some amazing apple pie and cider
- Mountain descent to the desert floor
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park
- Font’s Point
- Slot Canyon
- Highway 8 back into San Diego
- Julian is an official California Historical Landmark.
- It is nestled among oak and pine forests between several mountain ranges.
- Known for its fall colors, frontier atmosphere and everything apple.
- Borrego Springs is California’s first Dark Sky community.
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is 600,000 acres.
- Borrego Badlands — 4 million years of geologic history.
- Slot Canyon — 100 feet up 3 feet wide.
- 110 miles of hiking trails.
Coastal Tours of San Diego is a member of the San Diego Tourism Authority.Book now call now